Dear Friends of Union Station Homeless Services,
We are overwhelmed by the outpouring of support from our wonderful community members during this time. So many of you have reached out to ask us how you can help protect the health and well-being of our residents. THANK YOU!
Please know that we do not take lightly the responsibility of protecting our clients, many of whom are vulnerable, aging and have serious health concerns. We are continuously monitoring CDC, WHO and public health department recommendations, and we are doing all we can to be at the forefront of new precautionary measures regarding COVID-19 to protect our clients as well as our volunteers and staff.
As an essential service provider, Union Station Homeless Services is exempt from the Safer at Home” Emergency Order. While we have moved many of our staff to remote work, some continue to work on the front lines to care for our clients, many of whom are vulnerable, aging and have serious health concerns and mobility issues.
We are still serving the men, women and children living in our bridge housing and supportive housing sites. We are also working with hundreds of our clients staying in motels and apartments, who depend on us for food and basic needs.
We urgently need your support now more than ever. YOU CAN HELP:
You can provide monetary and/or in-kind donations
to meet the urgent need for the following:
We have dramatically expanded our meals programto meet the spike in food insecurity amongst our clients. In addition to our typical ~2,000 meals weekly, we are delivering an additional 5,000+ meals weekly throughout the San Gabriel Valley. To meet the demand, we are in need of:
- Gift cards (valued $50-100 each) for our many food-insecure clients, who have mobility issues or lack access to their local food banks. Helpful gifts cards include Visa and MasterCard.
- Monetary and in-kind donations to support additional meal service, including increased breakfast and lunch service for kids who are now home from school, as well as our residents and unsheltered neighbors.
- Food and kitchen items urgently needed include:*
- Sandwich supplies
- Bread, croissants, rolls, bagels, wraps etc for
- Peanut butter, jelly, deli meat, cheese, cream cheese
- Single-use condiments packets: mustard, mayo, ketchup
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Canned goods and can openers
- Microwavable meals
- Shelf-stable meals
- Family-size and individual-size frozen dinners
- Individually packaged snacks
- Grocery and reusable bags
- Single-use utensils, plates, and cups
MONETARY DONATIONS urgently needed to support:
- Increased staffing needs in our kitchens and bridge housing in lieu of volunteer support, which during normal operations is the backbone of our community meals program
- Increased motel stays in order to isolate our most vulnerable and high-risk residents and reduce density at our sites
- Safe transport to motels and medical appointments, in lieu of staff transporting clients
- Creation of a mobile kitchen to support our dramatically expanded food production and distribution efforts.
Volunteers with Union Station Homeless Services do their part in … (Pasadena Weekly)
HEALTH AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Funds to support the purchase of large portable hand-washing stations
- Large hand-sanitizing dispensers with refills
- Disposable or no-touch thermometers
- Protective gear including masks, gowns, gloves, and eye wear
- Microwaves and coffee pots
- Baby Diapers and baby formula
- Adult Diapers
- Hygiene Kits
- Personal and feminine hygiene products
- New pillows and blankets
- Laundry pods and quarters
- Coffee supplies, including instant coffee, creamer, and sugar packets
We will continue to update this list as needed.
- Monetary donations can be made online or mailed to Union Station Homeless Services, 825 E. Orange Grove Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91104
- In-kind food items can be delivered to 412 S. Raymond Ave., Pasadena, 91105 between the hours of 7 am and 3 pm.
- In-kind non-food donations can be dropped of at our administrative offices located at 825 E. Orange Grove Blvd., Pasadena, 91104. Deliveries can be made Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm.
If you have already made a gift to protect the health and well-being of our clients and staff, thank you! If you have any questions about how else you can help, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of Union Station Homeless Services during this difficult time.
Union Station Homeless Services
Our mission is to help rebuild lives and end homelessness. Learn more at: unionstationhs.org.