Author Notes: On the weekends I prefer to make pancakes over waffles or French toast. I came across a recipe in the Better Homes and Garden cookbook for fluffy pancakes. I (…more) —Amitha’s Expression of Creativity
Serves about 4
Bewing the Turkish Coffee for the pancakes and icing
- 4 tablespoons Turkish Ground Coffee- French Roast
- 1/2 cup Water for stronger coffee or
- 1 cup water for weaker coffee Add the coffee grounds to a small pot or a Turkish coffee pot and add the water. Put the pot on the stove on a medium heat. Once it comes to a boil lightly stir the mixture until all the coffee grounds are fully combined. Let it come back to a boil and turn off the heat. Set a side. If you are using a Turkish coffee pot watch the mixture continually because it will boil over.
Turkish Coffee Pancakes and Turkish Coffee Icing
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Turkish Coffee
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Turksih Coffee
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- Mix the flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, cardamon, ground ginger and salt into a medium size bowl.
- Add Turkish coffee, milk, egg, oil and vanilla to the bowl and whisk all the ingredients together until just combined.
- Heat a pan or griddle on medium heat and spray with oil.
- To make smaller size pancakes pour about one heaping tablespoon of batter and cook about 1 minute on each size.
- For large pancakes pour about three heaping tablespoons of batter for each pancake. These will take a little longer to cook on each side.
- For the icing.
- In a smaller bowl combine the 2 tablespoons of Turkish coffee and powder sugar to make the icing.
- Drizzle the icing or maple syrup on top of the pancakes and serve.
This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee.