SPIRALIZED IRISH POTATO PANCAKES
3 small baking potatoes, cleaned with skin still on
4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
Sour cream and green onions, to top
- Use the 1/4-inch spaced blade to create potato spirals. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat a few tablespoons of EVOO in a large frying pan.
- Add flour, eggs, garlic powder, cheddar, and salt and pepper to potato bowl and mix until the potatoes are covered completely in the mixture.
- Use a fork, or your hands, to form potatoes into patties.
- Carefully add them to the heated pan and flatten down with the fork.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown, then flip and repeat on other side.
- Drain pancakes on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with sour cream and chopped green onions.
By Jessica H.