Antoine Dominique Domino Jr. known as Fats Domino, was an American pianist and singer-songwriter. One of the pioneers of rock and rollmusic, Domino sold more than 65 million records. (February 26, 1928 – October 24, 2017),
The record won an Imperial Gold Record Award. To promote the comeback single Fats appeared on The Dick Clark Beechnut Show on November 8, 1958, with singers the Kalin Twins, Andy Williams, and Gordon MacRae. The lyrics begin “I got a whole lotta lovin’ for you, true true love for you”.
The song was covered by:
- The Shakers (a cover name for Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes) 1964
- A.C. Reed on Chief Records 1964
- Errol Dixon 1965
- In 1972, Hank Williams Jr. and Lois Johnsoncovered the song as, “Whole Lotta Loving”. This version peaked at #22 on the Hot Country Singles chart.
- Jean Steakley 1972
- Professor Longhair on the album Crawfish Fiesta 1979
- Blake Xolton (Martian Records/Dan Kessel) 1981
- Bobby Moore, a Belgian singer 1986
- Trombone Shorty and Lenny Kravitz on the album Goin’ Home: A Tribute to Fats Domino2007
- Tiny Morrie, a Spanish version entitled “Te Voy A Dar Mis Amores” in the 1970s. Wiki