BREWING COFFEE WITH THE COFFEE SOCK
COTTON COFFEE SOCK
- Simple to use
- 100% pure cotton
- Great tasting full bodied coffee
- Reuseable & eco friendly
- Absorbs coffee oils (the more you use it the better it tastes!)
- Filters ground coffee better than a plunger without the complexity, cost or mess
- Portable and lightweight – ideal for travelling, camping and hiking
- Can also be used for great tasting tea
#1 PLACE COFFEE SOCK INTO MUG
#2 ADD GROUND COFFEE
I use a kitchen scale, but you could just follow this basic rule.
A 12 ounce mug of coffee is 340 grams.
- Divide 340 by 17 and you get 20 grams of coffee.
- That little scoop that comes in a can of coffee holds 10 grams.
- So 2 scoops per 12 ounce mug.
- If you have a 16 ounce mug, add another 1/2 a scoop.
- If you have an 8 ounce mug, subtract 1/2 a scoop.
Add ground coffee inside the Coffee Sock.
#3 ADD HOT WATER
#4 WAIT ABOUT 3 MINUTES
#5 REMOVE THE SOCK FILTER AND SERVE
After 3 minutes, lift the Coffee Sock out of the mug.
The coffee is ready! Let the filter cool a bit before emptying the grounds into the trash or compost. Turn it inside out and give it a rinse. Set it aside to dry so it is ready for the next use.
Please see the original post and his blog here –